Hi friends! I woke up feeling a little crummy today and felt that my sore throat combined with these grey skies could only be remedied with chickpea noodle soup! Here is a quick recipe I threw together with ingredients in my pantry! Enjoy ❤
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp rosemary
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp celery seeds
dash of fresh ground pepper
6 cups veggie broth
3 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 potatoes, diced
1.5 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups kale, chopped
Braggs and lemon juice to taste
1/2 pound linguine or thick vermicelli noodles
1. On medium heat in large soup pot, heat oil and cook onions until translucent. Add onion, herbs, and pepper in last 30 seconds of cooking.
2. Deglaze pot with veggie broth, and add all veggies but chickpeas and kale. Bring to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, cook linguine or rice noodles separately. It is key to keep these ingredients separate even when you store the soup later, otherwise the noodles will soak up the moisture and this won’t be soup anymore! (Especially important for pasta noodles)
4. Check on soup after about 10-15 minutes. Potatoes should be pierce-able, so I hesitate to give you an exact time. When this happens, add chickpeas and kale, cover and simmer for 5 minutes, then remove from heat. Taste the broth, and add Braggs and/or lemon juice if desired!
5. Strain noodles, add these to your bowls first, then pour soup on top an enjoy!
This soup is best enjoyed slurped up with some soda crackers on top, alongside an episode of Kids in the Hall.