Today I was doing some cleaning around the house, and found the last bit of vegan white chocolate chips that a friend had brought home from Seattle for me awhile back. I had the thought to make some cookies, but had been craving oatmeal cookies later so decided to put them together. Despite this cookie looking all around a little beige & so so, with the white chocolate, and added toasted coconut, they were fucking amazing in both taste & texture! You can use your other fave vegan chocolate if you’d prefer, or nuts! BUT DON’T TELL ME IF YOU USE RAISINS IN THESE OR I’LL CRY AND CRY AND CRY.
1 cup vegan margarine
¾ cup cane sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp ground flax seed+ 6 tbsp water.
1 ¼ cup unbleached all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 ½ cup toasted coconut
3 cups rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whip together ground flax seed & water until binded and frothy.
3. In your mixer, whisk vegan margarine & sugars until creamy. Add flax seed mixture & vanilla.
4. Meanwhile, combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Gradually add to wet mixture in mixer.
5. With a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in rolled oats, toaste coconut, chocolate chips.
6. Roll into balls about 1 inch, and drop onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden around the edges. This recipe made me about 24 cookies, but you may end up with a few more!