Hi frens! I won’t yak a novel at you about this one, but I spent a chilly morning making snacks for some pals to come over today, and wanted to share this delicious baked dip I’m quite happy with. I’ve made this dip a couple times now, and is delicious baked and as a vessel for multiple carbs and veggies!
Also, I’ve realized that I actually don’t love cooked spinach in most things, and almost always replace it with kale. However, feel free to replace the kale with equal parts spinach if you like and it’ll be just as tasty!
Kale & Artichoke Dip
Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1.5 cups raw cashews (soak overnight- this measurement is from before soaking)
- 1 cup unsweetened non dairy milk
- 2 14 oz cans of artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Oil favourite casserole dish or pan (roughly 8 inches, deep enough for dipping)
- In a high speed blender, combine cashews and unsweetened non dairy milk until smooth.
- Set aside 1/2 can of the chopped artichokes.
- Add 1 1/2 can artichokes, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, herbs & spices, tasting and salting as desired. Continue to blend.
- When smooth again (it will be much thicker from the artichokes and added ingredients, move into a large bowl.
- Fold in remaining artichokes and kale, then move to your casserole dish
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until you see the top crust up a little bit- it will be a lil golden around the edges. We are really just wanting to heat it up to enjoy with bread!
Hope y’all enjoy this dip! It is delicious with baguette, crostini, vegetables, literally anything!
*Pssssst….Also a fun tip- one time I spread this onto two sheets of pre-made puff pastry, rolled it like pinwheels, sliced it, and threw them in the oven on 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes- they were the perfect quick potluck snack and so delicious!