OMG HELLO, FALL IS HERE! As soon as the calendar turns September 1st, immediately I need to make at least one thing containing pumpkin, MINIMUM.
Last week was chocolate pumpkin muffins, and today, something to be enjoyed with savoury meals too!
While I love myself a big sheet of cornbread, I opted for muffins for a couple reasons:
1. By dividing the batter into muffins, cooking time is so drastically less- at least cutting it down by half!
2. This means they’re pre-portioned and no one fights over the corner piece! They will also take longer to go dry than being cut up!
This recipe makes 24 muffins- I like having extras to pop in the freezer for later, but feel free to half it!
Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins 🎃 🌾
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups corn meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2.5 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2/3 cups canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp neutral tasting oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 Farenheit (or 375 convect). Line or grease 2, 12 cavity muffin tins
- Combine almond milk with vinegar and set aside to curdle while mixing your dry ingredients
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and stir
- With a wooden spoon (or in your mixer), add milk mixture, pumpkin, and oil until fully incorporated. You should have very few lumps
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 of the way full
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the tops have risen and are crackly & a little crispy!
We loved having these with some Mac n cheese and BBQ tofu tonight, but I would also LOVE them with some vegan butter & berry jam! Omg or maybe some apple butter?! If you make these, I’d love to know what you have em with!